800 Bloomfield Avenue, 1st Fl.
Bloomfield, CT 06002
860.769.3597 (1st Fl. Fax)
|Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Town Clerk's Office has a number of responsibilities that are fulfilled in accordance with Federal, State Statute, Town Charter, and local ordinances. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recording, indexing, scanning, microfilming and security/storage of the Towns Official records
- Recording of Land Records, the Towns Vital records
- Issues applicable certificates and permits (birth, marriages, deaths, name change, adoptions, burials, liquor permits, and trade name registration)
- Supervises & coordinates all General Elections, Special Elections, Primaries, Referendum; Campaign Finance Records.
- Issues licenses and collects applicable fees (dog licenses, fish & game licenses and permits, certified copies of birth, marriage, death certificates, as well as, burial and cremation permits)
- Insures compliance with Freedom of Information Act
- Maintains agendas and minutes of various boards
- Maintains Historical Preservation, as required by law, and applies for grants to supplement the towns funding.
Town Clerk Links
Town Clerk Staff